Thankyou to Tyler for saving the day and holding the fort in Year 3’s coding club today. The children really enjoyed using their coding “magic” to make the sprites move. Remember if you would like to try at home just go to www.scratch.mit.edu
Today Mrs Maddocks and I met with the digital leaders to discuss a plan of action for the next half-term.This is what was decided:
- We will advertise for and appoint a digital leader from each class in Years 5 down to 2, our current leaders will be allocated to support each new leader.
- Comptech have set up an email account for digital leaders to communicate ideas.
- Blog of the week is underway and leaders will support in encouraging blogging and tweeting.
- Leaders will support staff in using iPads, devices, MacBooks, blogs, Twitter etc.
- Digital leaders were highly excited about running lots of lunchtime clubs; clubs agreed for this half-term (to be run by the leaders and supported by Mrs Jones and Mrs Maddocks) are:
- Garage Band for years 4 & 5
- Coding (scratch) – year 2
- Coding (scractch) – year 3
- App explorers/app of the week – years 4 & 5
- SketchNation – years 2 & 3
- Makey Makey – year 6
We are meeting tomorrow lunchtime to finalise days and the leaders can the produce posters for their clubs.
Exciting times ahead!
Mrs Jones 🙂